Join fellow industry professionals for this 360° exploration of tea. Topics from the history and culture of tea to its science, growth, marketing and distribution will be discussed. Classes combining the convenience of online education with the networking and learning benefits of live instruction over Zoom will deliver new insights into this field. The program is open to the public. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will earn 3 Continuing Education Units.
Classes will run from 9/27/2023 to 1/17/2024.
- The Human Relationship with Tea: History, Culture and Health
- Science and Growth of Tea: Camellia sinensis, Sensory, Taste, Grading, Organics and Sustainability
- Tea Production and Sales: Manufacturing, Safety and Regulation, Social Justice and Politics
- The Business of Tea: Marketing, Brand Management, Distribution, Supply Chain and Value Adding to Tea
This program is taught by industry-leading professionals, including:
- Bhavin Shah, CFO – International Tea Importers
- Helen Hume, Group Head of Leaf Tea – Finlays
- Paul Harney, VP – Harney & Sons Tea
- Eliot Jordan, VP Tea – Mighty Leaf, Peet's Coffee
- And More...
PDFs of course PowerPoints will be posted to the course site prior to lectures. We will introduce a discussion forum for each session where students may post pre-session questions. Questions will also be accepted in that same forum after the session to keep the conversation going.
Each session will be recorded and posted to the course site for student review. This will help those who plan to take the course asynchronously.
Enrollment for the course is open through October 10th, 2023.
To enroll, please click HERE